Goulburn Valley Health is the main referral health service for the Hume region and their services include a 24-hour Emergency Department, Surgery, Medical Services, Women’s and Children’s Services, Rehabilitation and Palliative Care, Mental Health, Outpatients, services at Tatura and Rushworth, and community-based health programs.
GV Health required upgrades for three of their theatre suites in Shepparton to replace PVC Swing Doors which were not suitable for either laser block out requirements nor to maintain positive pressure. The old PVC Swing doors had to be upgraded to appropriate hospital theatre swing doors and sliding doors catering for the needs and hygiene of the site.
The 4500 series Hospital Theatre medical swingdoor and sliding doors maintain the critical positive air pressure in the GV Health operating theatres and help the hospital to meet the scrutiny of their external health and safety requirements with their unique ‘clean design’, aluminium and stainless steel hardware, and non-painted, non-corrosive finishes.
The 4500 Sliding theatre doors save a huge amount of space in the GV Health site as they do not impose on valuable and busy corridor space where a medical swingdoor would otherwise take up too much space when open. Automated sliding doors can be operated either via the sensors above the doors which will sense on-coming traffic or via a push button, depending on the requirements of the staff.
GV Health chose to install a combination of Hospital Theatre swing doors and sliding hospital doors in their theatre upgrade which consisted of:
Here are some key points and features of the Remax Swing doors and Sliding door installation at GV Health:
- Supply and installation to Hospital Theatres
- Swing Doors installed into Anesthetic Entry and Scrub Entry
- Push button activation for Sliding Doors
- Safety sensor above Hospital Sliding Doors
- Frosted windows for inpatient privacy
- One piece rotational molded ultra grey polyethylene door panel
- Double glazed polycarbonate windows
- Full anodised aluminium frames
- Self-lubricated low-maintenance swing door mechanisms
- 900H flat swing door buffers to protect against impact
- Removal of existing PVC swingdoors
- All swing doors required single sided hold open magnets to allow staff to move through swingdoors without holding them open – also required for fire safety
- Double glazed vision panel with block-out honeycomb blind for theatre door privacy and laser blind block out.