Epworth Hospital is located in the heart of Melbourne and is Victoria’s largest not-for-profit private health care group, renowned for excellence in diagnosis, treatment, care and rehabilitation.
Epworth is a provider of acute medical, surgical and rehabilitation services equipped with quality facilities and the latest technology. The Epworth Group of hospitals consists of 12 sites in and around Melbourne covering a range of clinical areas such as cancer services, cardiac services, mental health, maternity, emergency, neurosciences, radiation, urology and many more.
Remax manufactured and installed high impact hospital swingdoors at Epworth Hospital operating theatres, following an enquiry to provide an alternative to heavy timber hospital swingdoors. The issues faced by Epworth Hospital consisted of Health and Safety issues created by their heavy timber hospital swingdoors which were too heavy for the nurses to open, especially when carrying medical and surgical equipment, or pushing a bed or hospital trolley through the opening.
Occupational Health and Safety claims were becoming a problem as well as the hygiene risks* involved with a medical theatre door made of wood composite. Remax swingdoors are half the weight of a standard timber door, as they are made of cross-linked polythene door panels with ultra-high density, non-cfc urethene foam core and Remax Swingdoors potentially provide a more hygienic surface over standard timber, deflecting chips and scrapes which become breeding grounds for bacteria.
The panel has no gaps or joins and is impervious to moisture and acid / petroleum products. The doors have no seams and never require painting.
4500 Series Hospital Theatre Doors Product Features:
- Full surround rubber doors seals, forms an impregnable barrier when doors are closed, maintaining positive pressure required by operating theatres.
- Almost 50% lighter than a standard wooden swing door, making it easier for busy staff and sick patients to move from one area to another.
- Unlike wooden swing doors, 4500 Series will not splinter, will not absorb moisture (and therefore mold / bacteria), will not deteriorate over time and never requires painting. Ensuring easier sterilization and aseptic operating conditions from doorways which are, ironically, one of the busiest and most heavily handled furnishings in a healthcare facility.
- Thermal Value Comparable with 100mm Polystyrene Panel.
- Range of standard colors that will not fade, and maintain attractive appearance in all environments.
- Double glazed window included in door panel as standard.
- Option to incorporate honeycomb blinds and signage into double glazed windows.
- Self supporting mounting system does not rely on structural integrity of doorway/walls.